Vladimir (Lado) Davidovich GUDIASHVILI 1896 — 1980
Володимир (Ладо) Давидович ГУДІАШВІЛІ • Владимир (Ладо) Давидович ГУДИАШВИЛИ
Vladimir (Lado) Davydovich Gudiashvili was born in Tiflis, Georgia in 1896. In 1910-1914 studied at art school of the Caucasian Society for Encouragement of the Fine Arts, Tiflis. In 1919- 1926 studied at P.Ranson’s art school in Paris. In 1919-1925 active in Tiflis, Tbilisi and Paris. Began exhibiting in 1917. From 1916 member of the Society of Georgian Artists; Four Arts, SaRMA from 1930. Important shows include All-Union Art Exhibition, Moscow, 1946. In 1918- 1919 and 1926-1932 taught at Tiflis Academy of Arts. Twice awarded the Orden of Lenin (1966, 1971) and the title ‘People’s Artist of the USSR’ in 1972. Also a theatre artist, graphic artist, cinema artist. Celebrated Georgian artist. Died in Tbilisi in 1980.